The aff instruction
The sky is yours!
Congratulations! You have decided to experience what will most probably be the thrill of your lifetime !
Skydive Spa offers for candidates wishing to become an occasional or a hard-core parachutist the most modern, efficient and safest method of training : the AFF (Accelerated Free Fall).
The AFF has been conceived to be all together didactical and methodical at the highest level.
The candidate first receives a theoretical information which will be followed by, first, 10 minutes of coached "flight" in the wind tunnel and the first AFF Tandem Jump.
After his level 1 AFF Tandem Jump, the student will leave the airplane for about one minute free fall, accompanied by two instructors. Those instructors, specially qualified, will assist the student by correcting his free fall position, and they will, during the whole jump, take care of student's safety, eventually by opening the student's parachute if needed.
The seven levels programed in the AFF method can be accomplished within 7 jumps, clearing the student to unaccompanied jumps. It is common to see students receiving their qualification after just two or three days of jumping, even if it is sometimes necessary, for safety reason, to repeat one or more jumps.
Instruction starts with the theory and ground training course. Sessions take place once a month in every language (FR-NL-GER-EN). Dates are mentioned on the planning available on the web site.
THE WIND TUNNEL and THE 7 LEVELS
- 10 minutes of coached flight in the wind tunnel (equivalent to free fall time of approximately 10 jumps) : aquisition and awareness of body position in free fall.
- Level 1: AFF Tandem jump - first experience with real free fall, altitude awareness and altimeter reading, introduction to canopy flight, flight pattern and landing.
- Level 2: Body position in free fall and altitude awareness, opening of the parachute.
- Level 3: Instructors release the student, he is "free" falling for the first time.
- Level 4: Heading changes in free fall. student is accompanied by one instructor only from this level on
- Level 5: Turns and fall rate changes practice.
- Level 6: Back loops and horizontal moves (track).
- Level 7: Qualification jump. The Student performs, during this jump, all the exercises of the previous jumps, without any physical contact with the Instructor : Free flown exit, right and left turns, back loop, barrel roll and track.
Once the parachute is open , after a few minutes under the canopy, the Student has to pilot his parachute according to the flight pattern previously defined with the Instructor, and reach the ground safely in the selected landing zone.
New: 4 weeks of training (May, July, August, September) AFF until the A - 25 jumps, 2 w-e and 1 week for € 2,140 instead of € 2,340. - dates of available weeks early December